Thursday, August 14, 2008

Break of Dawn by Chris Marie Green


Break of Dawn
Vampire Babylon, Book 3
Chris Marie Green
Ace
September 2, 2008
ISBN# 978-0-441-01629-7

From the Publisher’s site:
Hollywood can really suck…After facing off against the lethal Vampire Killer, Hollywood stuntwoman Dawn Madison and her friends are reeling. But for Dawn, the pain is much more personal. She’s learned more about her missing father and long-dead mother than she ever wanted to, and her conflicted feelings about both her enigmatic, never-seen boss, Jonah, and P.I. Matt Lonigan are only making things worse.

To save her father Dawn must enter the Vampire Underground, where she will encounter an unthinkable betrayal, and where the question of who is truly good and who is truly evil will become a matter of life, death—and undeath…

My thoughts:
Dawn Madison and the team working for Jonah Limpet are getting closer to discovering the Underground’s location. The team’s leader, The Voice, has worked a long time on plans to destroy the master running it, but he’s managed to stay just out of reach. Dawn is supposed to be the key to reaching their goal, but for her it’s about bringing her father home and there’s little that will change the course she’s set for herself.

As secrets are revealed and Dawn is pulled further into the dark world of the Underground, what remains of the team fights to put an end to the evil and bring everyone home safely. While they may triumph to some degree, secrets will be revealed that will change each of their lives and may fracture the team forever.

This is the third release in the Vampire Babylon series and completes the first trilogy. Dawn has priorities, and while she’s willing to work with Limpet’s team, she’ll stop at nothing when it comes to rescuing her father. The darkness and danger mounts as Ms. Green exposes her characters well kept secrets, and resolves many of the mysteries surrounding them. Break of Dawn ends with a well-planned twist that will leave readers eagerly anticipating the beginning of the next trilogy. This is a series that should be read from the beginning to fully appreciate how some aspects of the storyline unfold.

If you’d like to learn more about the Vampire Babylon series, please visit the website: Here

Kimberly Swan, Darque Reviews

4 comments:

Christine said...

I've always wanted to read this series. I have the First Blood anthology and am going to read the short story from this series in there. If I like it, I'll probably end up buying the backlist to the Vampire Babylon series. I think I held back with this series in the past because I had a hard time spending the money on trade books.

Kimberly Swan said...

I enjoyed this first trilogy and am really looking forward to the next. :) The story in First Blood is set in Vampire Babylon, but you won't get to meet Dawn and the gang in that short story. I know the trade size are pricier, but for some reason I really like that size. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Unknown said...

I quite enjoyed the first book in the series and rushed to get the second part. However I found the second part was a little boring...I won't be rushing out to get this 3rd part but I do have it on my wishlist...

Kimberly Swan said...

Hi Amber - A lot of questions are answered in this one, and the way things play out is a bit of a surprise. :)