Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Review - At Grave's End by Jeaniene Frost

At Grave’s End
Night Huntress, Book 3
Jeaniene Frost
Avon Books
December 30, 2008
ISBN# 978-0-06-158307-0

Book blurb:
Some things won't stay buried . . . at grave's end.

It should be the best time of half-vampire Cat Crawfield's life. With her undead lover Bones at her side, she's successfully protected mortals from the rogue undead. But though Cat's worn disguise after disguise to keep her true identity a secret from the brazen bloodsuckers, her cover's finally been blown, placing her in terrible danger.

As if that wasn't enough, a woman from Bones's past is determined to bury him once and for all. Caught in the crosshairs of a vengeful vamp, yet determined to help Bones stop a lethal magic from being unleashed, Cat's about to learn the true meaning of bad blood. And the tricks she's learned as a special agent won't help her. She will need to fully embrace her vampire instincts in order to save herself—and Bones—from a fate worse than the grave.

My thoughts:
Cat Crawfield’s job as the Reaper has become more dangerous than ever when her disguises no longer hide who she is. In a desperate attempt to stop more children from being kidnapped, the team agrees to use a vampire as bait in Cat’s place. It’s a high risk that she hopes they won’t regret.

An indiscretion from the past has caught up to Bones, and Cat seems to be the target of the vampire using forbidden talents to cause him pain. One vampire has the strength and knowledge to prevent their final destruction, and now the team’s fate rests in his reluctant hands.

This is the third book in the Night Huntress series. Ms. Frost throws the action into high gear as the characters battle a sinister force they have little protection against. At Grave’s End blends strong love, life’s temptations and dark magic into an urban fantasy that will have fans thoroughly engrossed. This series should be read from the beginning, you don’t want to miss a word.

To learn more about the Night Huntress series, please visit Ms. Frost’s website: Here

You can browse the first 50+ pages of At Grave's End: Here (I have to say…Wow!)

Kimberly Swan, Darque Reviews

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to know how you always get the early copies of everything I'm dying to get my hands on! :P

Kimberly Swan said...

Hi Jackie! Awesome publicists at the publishing houses, and wonderful authors of course! :)

If you've been following this series you don't want to miss the shocks and surprises in At Grave's End!

VampGirl said...

Hi Kimberly,

I just wanted to say I love your blog, i read it everyday and I'm always so excited about your next post!

You've inspired me so much that I've started my own blog for all things Vamp related!! Unfortunately I dont read for a living, I have another job so its very much a work in progress!

Keep up the good work!! :-)

Gem

Kimberly Swan said...

Hi Gem...Thanks so much! I'm so happy to hear that you've been inspired to begin your own review blog. I think we all wish that we could read for a living. :)

Thanks again, and happy reading!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get my hands on this novel. The only reason I haven't pre-ordered it yet is because I generally get my hands on it faster when I hit the bookstore at 8am on release day. :)

Have you been to the Frost Cemetery? She's had a couple of tidbits posted in her forums.

Kimberly Swan said...

Once in a while pre-ordering pays off with an early release, but I know exactly what you mean about heading out to the store on release day! :)

I'll have to take a peek at the cemetery...thanks for the tip!

Marnie said...

Oh I so want to read the 1st 50 pages but I would just be torturing myself... I will resist.

Thanks for the review.

Kimberly Swan said...

What a nice teaser though! *grin*

My pleasure, thanks for stopping by. :)

Enchanted by Books said...

I have books one and two on my shelf and haven't read them yet. I know this series is super popular and I am dying to read it too. I guess I need to finish my review books if I ever want to read what's on my shelf!

Kimberly Swan said...

Keep collecting them and when you have a chance you can sit down and read them one after the other. :)

Unknown said...

Totally Jealous!

Kimberly Swan said...

Amber - Be patient, it's release is just around the corner! It's one you don't want to miss. :)