Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian


Midnight Awakening
Midnight Breed Series, Book 3
Lara Adrian
Bantam Dell
November 27, 2007
ISBN# 978-0-553-58939-9

As the battle between the Breed vampires of the Order and the Rogues continues, Elise Chase searches for justice by killing Minions of the Rogues every chance she gets. Having lost her son just a few short months ago to Crimson, the drug that brings on Bloodlust and leaves little chance of recovery, Elise is exacting vengeance on those she holds responsible. Armed with nothing more than a dagger and a psychic ability that allows her to track those who took everything she loved, Elise finds herself in a dangerous situation. Without the knowledge to control her gift it’s slowly destroying her, and help from a powerful Breed warrior, Tegan, may be her only chance of survival.

Having lost the love of his life centuries earlier, Tegan knows the pain that the Breedmate, Elise, has endured from losing both the man she loved and the son they shared. Though he knows he’s crazy to offer his help, his need to protect Elise wins and Tegan finds himself walking the edge with the desire to take her as his own. Something much worse than the Rogues has been lurking beyond their sight, now it’s out in the world and the Breed warriors are the only hope of stopping it.

Midnight Awakening is the third book in the Midnight Breed Series. Elise is disposing of those she feels are responsible for the death of her son. Tegan knows he can’t force her away from danger, but he’s about to change her solitary life in a way that not even she can deny. It’s a difficult task to create a unique vampire romance, let alone a series, but Ms. Adrian has kept many elements of her stories fresh, fun and entertaining. This is an enjoyable adventure backed by danger, passion and a second chance at love for two lonely souls.

Kimberly Swan, Darque Reviews

11 comments:

Enchanted by Books said...

I have this book in my review pile too. I've heard great things about it and can't wait to read it.

Wendy said...

Lara has been slowly torturing all of us on her newsletters list with chapter previews of this book and I can't wait to read it!

Awesone interview, Kimberly. :)

Anonymous said...

I just read and reviewed this book a few days ago. I really enjoyed it, like I did with the rest of the series. The next book Midnight Rising is available in March.

Kimberly Swan said...

Rachael - This installment really sets the stage for a lot of action in the future. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. :)

Wendy - That does sound just a wee bit like torture! At least your wait is over now. I'm sure that Tegan will be worth it. :)

Crystal - I'll go read it now! I'm sooo looking forward to Rio's story. :)

Anonymous said...

This is on my list for my book run this weekend.

I'm seriously getting envious of you from all the great books you've read lately!

T.C. Robson said...

Wow...you are really whipping through these books! I feel like I'm falling behind! :D

Kimberly Swan said...

SCooper - If you're like me, that's probably a long list. :) I've been very fortunate with such awesome authors and publicists sharing their books for review!

T.C. - You'll catch up! What are you reading now?

T.C. Robson said...

House of Leaves. Thankfully, I'm almost done with it. It's a good book, but very long.

Katie said...

ooo! I've been wanting to read this one for awhile now. I'll have to pick up a copy.

Kimberly Swan said...

T.C. - At least you stuck with it. Now you can move on to something lighter!

Katie - Who can resist a sexy vampire?!

Enchanted by Books said...

I skim read this the first time since I hadn't read it yet. Now I read it and I like your review! Hard to talk about the book without spoilers but you did it well.