Monday, March 24, 2008

One Foot in the Grave by Jeaniene Frost


One Foot in the Grave
Night Huntress, Book 2
Jeaniene Frost
Avon Books – Harper Collins
April 29, 2008
ISBN# 978-0-06-124509-1

Cat Crawfield is half-human, half-vampire, and spends her time slaying vampires. Now she’s working as a Special Agent for the government doing the job she loves, but Cat’s life has become riskier than ever because someone has a contract out on her. With the hunted stalking the hunter, her life has just gotten a whole lot more dangerous.

Her latest assignment leads her to a vampire who may be her biggest threat. When Cat has the opportunity to destroy her target, she hesitates because this particular vampire has special meaning to Bones, the vampire she left behind. It’s a decision that could very well cost Cat her life.

Just when she least expects it Bones reenters her life and pulls Cat back into the emotions she worked so hard to forget. As truths are revealed, and the past catches up to those around her, Cat tries desperately to convince herself that she doesn’t need Bones or his help. Bones has already made his decision, and this time there’s no chance he’s letting her walk away.

One Foot in the Grave is the second installment in the Night Huntress series. Cat may have been forced into her job position, but she does her job with unmatched skill when it comes to eliminating the rogues. Sometimes even the best need help, and Cat will have little choice but to rely on the vampire she’s tried to forget. Ms. Frost does a fabulous job of bringing further details from the past into the storyline while the lives of her characters move steadily forward. Packed with action, sizzling romance, and a surprise ending, fans are sure to enjoy this new edition in the Night Huntress series.

Kimberly Swan, Darque Reviews

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Oooooooooh, I can't wait to read this one! Granted, I didn't know how to feel about the first book, I didn't like the ending, wished Cat would have been more selfish but I am looking forward to reading One Foot in the Grave - Hope Bones kicks her ass for leaving! *grins*

Lovely review, Kimberly!

Robert said...

Both this book and "Embrace the Night" are in my Spotlight for April so I'll be sure to include your reviews :D

Kimberly Swan said...

Wendy - You should like the ending in this one! I really loved the first book, especially Bones, and I enjoyed this one as well. *grin*

Robert - Thank you kind sir! :)

*This will be a busy posting week!*

Enchanted by Books said...

Hey Kimberly!
I am so jealous over the last couple books that you've gotton ARC's of! I haven't gotton a new shipment in 2 months since I have too many already now. I did get two new ones recently, but not my big package. I think I have about 18 books in my review pile and they're all about 2 months late!

I still haven't read Jeaniene Frost's first book but I've heard it's fantastic. Hopefully I will get to read it soon.

Angiegirl said...

Oh, I can't believe you got to read this one already. I'm dying to get my hands on it. So good to hear it's great.

Kimberly Swan said...

Rachael - I know you're missing those shipments of new goodies. Not too much longer and you can get caught up, yes?
Keep them on your list, you don't want to miss them.

Angie - If you loved the first one, you'll love this as well. :)

Enchanted by Books said...

I finish tax season in 3 weeks but it will take me some time to get all caught up. I may wait until I have NO books left before I tell them I am ready for more. That way I will have a week or so free to read my own books maybe!!

Kimberly Swan said...

Waiting until you're all caught up would probably be the smart thing to do. I always have a pile of 'my own books' as well....lol :)

Anonymous said...

I cant wait to get the next book!
I'm excited, and I cant wait, I
hope One Foot in the Grave will be
just as good as the first!

Kimberly Swan said...

If you enjoyed the first one you're going to love this one! :)