Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Personal Demon by Kelley Armstrong


Personal Demon
Women of the Otherworld, Book 8
Kelley Armstrong
Bantam
March 25, 2008
ISBN# 978-0-553-80661-8

Hope Adams is a tabloid reporter and an Expisco half-demon who can never get enough chaos in her life. Owing Benicio Cortez a favor is never really a good thing, but when it’s time to pay-up, Hope has little choice. Asked to take on an assignment infiltrating a gang who’s causing trouble for the Cortez Cabal, Hope transforms into a young woman with the ability to detect chaotic thoughts that’s sympathetic to their cause.

Karl is a rebel werewolf and a man who once was close to Hope. When he discovers that Benicio has put her in danger, he flies in to remove her from the life threatening position. When Hope refuses to leave, Karl finds himself embroiled in the deadly drama playing out.

Members of the gang have gone missing, and the Cortez Cabal has become a larger target than Benicio originally thought. The arrival of his youngest son Lucas is a welcome sight, but the danger continues to escalate. It will take combined skills and power to stop their enemies, but discovering who they’re up against will be the most difficult task.

Personal Demon is the eighth book in the Women of the Otherworld series. Told from the viewpoint of both Hope and Lucas, readers are given the advantage of seeing the story play-out from within the gang as well as the Cabal. With a well-built fictional world, fabulous characters and a solid plot, the talented Ms. Armstrong shares the next action-packed installment to her Women of the Otherworld series of books. A strong paranormal romance and a well-planned mystery, make Personal Demon a story that readers won’t want to miss.

Kimberly Swan, Darque Reviews

10 comments:

Enchanted by Books said...

This book has a gorgeous cover. Great review!

Anonymous said...

I've only read a few books in this series, but it sounds like an interesting story. Good review.

Kimberly Swan said...

Rachael - Sure is! Thanks, it's a great series. :)

SCooper - It's nice that most of this series can be read as stand-alone stories. If you've read any of the previous books you'll know most of these characters. :)

Ladytink_534 said...

I adore this series!

Enchanted by Books said...

OMG I just that you're going to review and interview Laura Anne Gilman! How cool is that?! Have you read her other books? I was just talking about her books a couple days ago on my blog. She sent me book one so now I have 3 of them to read. I love the covers and they sound so awesome. Can't wait to read them! Let me know when she will be on your blog if you can. I'll come by and ask some questions. :)

Robert said...

I haven't read anything by this author, but it sounds like a lot of fun :D

SQT said...

I've loved almost all the books in this series (The Jamie Vegas one is the only one that left me cold). I like how she varies the character focus from book to book.

Kimberly Swan said...

Rachael - It's posted now...take a peek. (I did ask her if she had time to stop by sometime in the next few days because there may be questions.)

Kimberly Swan said...

Robert - It's a great series. Each book is focused on (and narrated by) a specific character or characters so you really get to know them. :)

SQT - I was happy to see Jamie's story because the woman needed some serious happiness in her life. :) She's more human than the rest, maybe that's what didn't appeal to you? I like the change in narrator as well, and I also love that even when some of the others don't enter in to the storyline we still get little updates. :)

Kimberly Swan said...

LadyTink - I'm so sorry I missed your comment! :( It's a very good series. Have you read her other book, Exit Strategy? It's nothing like the Women of the Otherworld series, but I really enjoyed it as well. :)