Saturday, December 1, 2007

Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs


Iron Kissed
Mercy Thompson Series, Book 3
Patricia Briggs
Ace
January 2, 2008
ISBN# 978-0-441-01566-5

When Mercy’s ex-boss, Zee, asks for her help in discovering the killer in several fae slayings, she’s there to help in the best way she can. As a walker, Mercy has the ability to shapeshift into a coyote, and following scents is one of the things coyotes do best. Besides stumbling into things she should not be able to see, Mercy finds that there’s a common scent at the crime scenes she enters.

Before they can question the suspect, someone has gotten to him first, and no one will be getting answers from his corpse. The police arrest Zee for the murder, and Mercy isn’t about to stand by and watch her friend be railroaded into taking the fall on a crime he didn’t commit. Zee is being uncooperative, and it appears that the fae have turned their backs on the situation. Mercy’s caught the attention of someone who doesn’t want her to succeed, and he’d be more than happy to end her life to accomplish his goal.

Iron Kissed in the third book in the Mercy Thompson Series. With ties to the local wolf pack, Mercy has protection, but fighting this unpredictable enemy may prove fatal when the fae are involved. Ms. Briggs creates a new death-defying adventure for her characters, and adds a large dose of mystery. There’s a tension filled romance slowly unfolding, and lives will change when this sassy heroine makes her heartfelt decision. This is a fast-paced urban fantasy that’s highly entertaining and will keep readers intrigued from beginning to end. Good luck setting it down once you’ve begun.

Kimberly Swan, Darque Reviews

20 comments:

scooper said...

I haven't read your post yet, but I have to say I HATE YOU! Ahh!!! I'm dying for this book. Do you hear me girl, DYING!

Now I'm going to go back and read the post.

scooper said...

Okay, so does she make a romantic decision by the end of the book?

Enchanted by Books said...

How long does it take you to read a book? I swear you are really fast! Do you write your review after each book or wait till you're done with your bunch. It generally takes me 2-3 days to read a book and I write my review as soon as I'm done. But right now I'm in a rut and taking a bit longer with my books. :(

Enchanted by Books said...

Great review! I havent read any of her books yet but I love urban fantasy and have these on my wish list. Sounds great!

Kimberly Swan said...

Scooper - Now that's just mean! *grin* She does make a decision, but you know how difficult that decision is for her. I'm anxious to see if she sticks with it. :)

Rachael - I finish most books in a matter of hours, some take a day if they're harder to get in to or life has me busy elsewhere. I have quiet mornings, and evenings once the family is sleeping. I write most of my review as soon as I finish a book so it's fresh in my mind, but I usually take a day to really complete it. When I have a double post like tonight it's because I already had at least one of them ready and was waiting until it was time to post it. Sounds like you just need a break (and I think everyone goes through that at some point). Thank you....You should check out this series if you enjoy urban fantasy. Mercy is a great character. Sort of the misfit that on some level everyone takes in as their own. :)

Enchanted by Books said...

Hi Kimberly
Yea I probably do need a break. I'm reviewing for four sites and I think I've been over doing it lately. I have alot of the same books in my pile as you. I loved Jennifer Rardin's books. They were great. I wish I could finish in hours. That's amazing. I need to stay off the internet and turn my TV off. I bet that would help. LOL

Kimberly Swan said...

Whoa...no wonder you need a break! Even if it's just a few days, it'll probably do you a world of good. Gotta love those paranormals, right? I rarely have the TV on. (that's all of those extra reading hours I get in the evening)

T.C. Robson said...

Putting aside the fact that it sounds like a good book, I love that cover girl's tattoos! Wow! Those are so awesome!

Wendy said...

Haha, I'm with Cooper! When I saw you reviewed this book the first thing that came to mind was Agh, I hate you! lol. I'm dying to read this book! I can't wait to see who Mercy chooses!

Kimberly Swan said...

T.C. - I like that one across her lower back. :)

Wendy - Sheesh, I'm not really feeling the blogging love here guys! *snicker* It will be worth your wait to see where her latest adventure leads. :)

Anonymous said...

is this book the last book. I hope not because i love these books.

Kimberly Swan said...

It can't be the last book, it's way too good and there's so much more to be explored with the characters. :)

Anonymous said...

There are an additional 4 books that Patty is contracted to write after Iron Kissed. Plus there will be another 3 books for the spinoff series featuring Charles (Bran's youngest son) and his mate Anna. Patty also mentioned that unless she gets tired of writing about Mercy and co she sees no sign of stopping in the future :)

Kimberly Swan said...

That's wonderful news...thanks for sharing. :) I hope we get to see more of the Fae (and I'm sure that after readers have enjoyed Iron Kissed they will be too).

Angiegirl said...

Hey, great post! I just finished it myself and am wondering how I'll get through the year until the next one. Now she's in deep with the wolves, the vamps, and the fae. I can't wait to see how it all (including her *choice*) plays out in the next one.

Kimberly Swan said...

Thanks Angie! I loved that she brought Mercy deeper into the fae, and it really raised some interesting questions for future books. Yes...waiting is a bit of torture! lol

Angiegirl said...

Did you read her short story in On the Prowl? The first book following Anna and Charles is set to come out in July. Hopefully that will help with the waiting...

Kimberly Swan said...

I sure did and you're right, six and a half months is a lot less waiting. :)

Anonymous said...

I found the book was good if a little slow paced,[in the beginning] in comparison to the previous two.. although around the end in the "explicit *blank* scene" we begin to see another more vulnerable side to Mercy. i liked the book alot for the most part but i feel the ending was rushed.. i wont spoil the book with details

Kimberly Swan said...

You can't help but like this series, at least I sure can't. I think that once the action starts it doesn't slow down. Bone Crossed shows a release in February 2009. :)