Monday, May 5, 2008

I've Been Tagged...

I've been tagged by Rachael at: http://booklover07202.blogspot.com/


So this is how it goes:

1. Pick up the nearest book.

2. Open to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the next three sentences.

5. Tag five people and post a comment to the person who tagged you once you've posted your three sentences.


The nearest book to me would have caused people to fall off of their chairs if I posted something from it. *grin* um….so, the next closest is The Darkest Kiss by Gena Showalter. Here are the three sentences:

All had been mortals, amusing for a little while as they showered her with the compliments she’d always craved from the gods, but most had been as forgettable as she wanted Lucien to be. The more memorable ones had become her friends, even though she had refused to sleep with them.
One by one they had died.


I tag:

1. Robert (Fantasy)

2. Scooper (Urban Fantasy/Romance)

3. Angie (Urban Fantasy/Romance)

4. jessewave (Erotic Romance)

5. Harry (Fantasy)

13 comments:

Enchanted by Books said...

OOOO what book are you talking about? Was it JR Ward's new book? :)

Kimberly Swan said...

I have that here too, but the one that was closest was Hot Nights, Dark Desires. It's an anthology I'm reviewing for another site. *grin*

Anonymous said...

I haven't been tagged in awhile. I'll do this tomorrow. But who will I tag???

Kimberly Swan said...

This was the first one I've done. That's definitely the tough part of it...choosing people to tag. :(

Marta said...

Ha, the book nearest to me was LATIN: AN INTENSIVE COURSE. I'm not even going to try to follow your tag directions! (I'm using it for research for a YA project because I didn't pay much attention during the two years I supposedly was studying Latin.)

Kimberly Swan said...

Hi Marta...So much easier to learn something because you want to be learning it and not because you have to learn it. :)

Woohoo...we only have 4 months left before The Bride of Casa Dracula hits the shelves!

Angiegirl said...

Thanks for the tag, Kimberly. I've got mine up.

Anonymous said...

I'm up and I forgot to tell you that I love the new look. :)

Kimberly Swan said...

Thank you for participating. :)

SCooper - Thank you...was tired of it just being plain, but didn't want too much. :)

Harry Markov said...

Oh, you know I am sorry for beinga sour player, but I got quite tagged on this one and I am so running late on several errand. I actually regreat that I can't hop on all the blogs I want. So I hope that you won't mind if I just post the sentences here:

The book is "Truancy" from Isamu Fukui.

"No," the Mayor said firmly. "We don't want to provoke him, or he might decide to go over to the Truancy. Instead, I want you to pull up all the old surveillance files, find out who he used to see regularly, find out where they are now."

Kimberly Swan said...

I don't mind at all, I appreciate you taking the time to do it. Thanks for participating! :)

Harry Markov said...

No problem! It was fun as I was curious to see what the book was since I finished one today and this is a new title I prepared for tomorrow. I am so slow at reading. After page 50 I get such lousy focus.

Kimberly Swan said...

Hopefully the next book you read will keep you quickly turning the pages (after page 50!).