Monday, May 26, 2008

A Match Made in Hell by Terri Garey


A Match Made in Hell
Nicki Styx, Book 2
Terri Garey
Avon Books
June 24, 2008
ISBN# 978-0-06-113616-0

When a heart condition nearly took her life, Nicki Styx came back with a gift she’d rather not have. She can see the spirits of people who haven’t crossed over, and each of them need her help. This time around an accident victim, Peaches, leads Nicki to answers from her past and the family she didn’t know existed.

Joe Bascombe, the emergency room doctor who saved her life, is her new beau. More often than not his time is spent by her side, especially during the times that she needs him most. He’s adjusted to Nicki’s gift rather well, so when she finds herself chasing down family ghosts it’s no surprise that Joe takes a few days off from the hospital to join her.

A surprise visit from a family member leads them both to the home they knew nothing about. Once there, family secrets are revealed, spirits are set free and Nicki finds herself fending off some tempting attention, the price of which could cost her soul.

This is the second novel in the Nicki Styx series. Nicki’s family background is revealed and it’s as much a surprise for her as it is for fans. Ms. Garey adds many twists to this installment, and keeps readers on the edge of their seat until the last moment. With some new and intriguing characters added to the mix, the trouble in A Match Made in Hell intensifies, a strong romance is put through more than one test and souls are in danger. The chemistry is scorching, looks can be deceiving, and Nicki’s life is about to get a lot more complicated.

Kimberly Swam Darque Reviews

10 comments:

Terri Garey said...

Thanks so much for the great review, Kimberly! I love how you captured the plot so beautifully without giving away any of the "twists"!

This book was so much fun to write - you'll see more of a few of those quirky characters in the third Nicki Styx installment, which will be out in April 2009.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Kimberly Swan said...

My pleasure! Glad I managed to keep the surprises a secret. One of those twists is such a big one...lol

Wonderful, I'll be watching for it! :)

Paisley Kirkpatrick said...

I absolutely love Terri's voice and the way she pulls her reader into the twists of Nicki Styx's life. Since I read Dead Girls Are Easy in one sitting because I couldn't put it down, I can't wait to get my hands on this story.

Kimberly Swan said...

Hi Marlene - Today is the release day for the 'Weddings From Hell' anthology, there's a Nicki Styx story in there too. :)

Anonymous said...

Dead Girls are Easy was the perfect book -- full of laughter and just scarey enough to make me read with the lights on. I love Nicki! And Joe. I can't wait for #2 and #3 and #4...

Kimberly Swan said...

Hi Sheila - Not too much longer to wait. I'm sure you'll enjoy this one too! :)

Unknown said...

I have had this on pre-order since I could add it to pre-order and can't wait to get my copy! I loved the first book!

Kimberly Swan said...

Not too much longer now! Nicki deals with a lot in this book, both on a personal level and with her 'gift'. Ms. Garey definitely knows how to keep her readers at the edge of their seat. :)

Unknown said...

The short story about Nicki in 'Weddings from Hell' was great and it has made me even more eager to get my hands on a copy of 'A Match Made in Hell'.

I have a contest to win 'Weddings from Hell' over my blog and Terri has even added a signed bookmark to the prize!

Kimberly Swan said...

Great contest you're having Amber, fans will really enjoy Nicki's adventure in Weddings From Hell. :)