Monday, April 14, 2008

Succubus in the City by Nina Harper


Succubus in the City
Nina Harper
Del Rey
March 25, 2008
ISBN# 978-0-345-49506-8

Lily is a Succubus in the employ of Satan, otherwise known as Martha. She’s good at what she does, but seducing men to send to Hell is getting old. She knows what’s missing from her life, but finding a man to love her despite her job description isn’t an easy task. Her friends warn her against falling for a man, sure that he’ll betray her if she dares tell him truth, but when Lily meets Nathan all rational thought is out the window.

Nathan Colemen is a P.I. working a missing person case that leads him to Lily’s door. The absent man in question had Lily’s personal information, and Nathan plans to find out why that is. It isn’t until later that Lily realizes that while she didn’t recognize the man’s name or picture there may be a connection to her life suddenly being threatened.

In the midst of danger, Lily’s thoughts are with Nathan. Intelligent, handsome and sweet, he’d be perfect for her if it turns out that he’s a generous lover. Lily’s life as a sex demon is a secret she plans to keep until the day she decides to risk everything for love.

Succubus in the City moves ahead at a leisurely pace introducing readers to Lily and the various aspects of her life. I had a difficult time warming up to Lily in the beginning, but Nathan’s introduction into the story adds interest and uncovers more of Lily’s unique origins. While Lily is a Succubus, the sex scenes are well-spaced and don’t overwhelm the other facets of the storyline. Ms. Harper reels readers in by the end of this installment and provides a solid start with good friends, the possibilities of love and a whirlwind tour of Hell.

Kimberly Swan, Darque Reviews

5 comments:

ReadingIsSoMuchFun said...

Can't look at the review :-( I don't like you right now just kidding.

Trying not to read the review because I plan to buy this book very soon *g*

Stop by my blog when you get the chance. Dianne Castell is guest author from the 15th - 21st :-)

Hugssss
LindaH

Wendy said...

I got this book in the mail things morning! Can't wait to start reading it. :)

Kimberly Swan said...

LindaH - heh....it's you today, it's usually Wendy who's cursing me. *grin* I'll stop by in just a minute. :)

Wendy - I had good timing on this one, you had no time to hate me. lol I'll watch for your review. :)

ReadingIsSoMuchFun said...

LoL Kimberly I know but I guess cause Wendy has this one already she don't hate you for this one LoL. If it makes you feel better I don't like Wendy now eather just kidding *g*

Thanks for stopping by.

Hugssss
LindaH

Kimberly Swan said...

LindaH - She's such a sweet girl until she spots something she wants. lol