Saturday, July 19, 2008

My Wicked Enemy by Carolyn Jewel


My Wicked Enemy
Carolyn Jewel
Forever
July 29, 2008
ISBN# 978-0-446-17823-5

From the back cover:
A desire to be controlled…
Carson Philips is a witch on the run. For years, the notorious mage, Alvaro Magellan, has held her as his psychological prisoner. But once Carson gets a glimpse of the true extent of his evil, she flees Magellan's mansion--stealing a stone talisman of unimaginable power on the way. Her only hope for survival is a demon who ignites a voracious hunger in her she can't deny, a longing she can't resist...
-
A hunger that can’t be sated…
Nikodemus is a warlord with a mission: Kill Magellan and his green-eyed witch at any cost. But when he meets the desperate Carson, the pull of her magic takes his breathe away. He's not sure he can trust this tantalizing woman--she is his enemy--and less sure he can keep his hands off her. But Magellan will stop at nothing to reclaim what belongs to him. Can Nikodemus stop him before his desire for Carson destroys them both?
-
My thoughts:
Raised by the powerful mage Alvaro Magellan, Carson Philips recently realized what a truly bad man he is when she witnesses a murder. As she runs from the mansion she grabs a valuable artifact, and if Magellan isn’t angry enough over her espcape, he’s fuming when he realizes she’s stolen the talisman. Battling headaches that she’s certain will kill her, and fearing for her life, she’s run to San Francisco and right into the arms of someone who sees her as the enemy.

Nikodemus thought it was his lucky day when he spots Magellan’s witch, Carson, but taking the opportunity to rid his kind of the threat she poses has just gotten complicated. He’s a Warlord, born to be a leader among his kind. Saving his people from a life as mageheld fiends that are controlled by mages and witches is a priority in his life. With Carson on their side, Nikodemus may have found the key to freedom for his kin. Now he just hopes she’ll choose to stick around.

Carolyn Jewel takes readers on a dangerous journey with Carson, an untrained witch who finds strength through Nikodemus. Together they can stop the mage who threatens their existence and fills Carson with fear. My Wicked Enemy unfolds at a steady pace and offers up a host of characters that keep the deadly action flowing. The storyline is fresh, the characters are entertaining, and the romance is delightfully steamy.

Kimberly Swan, Darque Reviews

8 comments:

Enchanted by Books said...

Witches, murder, demons, romance? Sounds good to me! :) I havent heard of these last couple books that you've posted so I am adding away now to my wishlist. Thanks!

Kimberly Swan said...

A bit of everything in there. lol A lot of the books are sent to me by publicists who've really expanded my reading world by sharing them. There are so many I would have missed otherwise.

I've read Carolyn Jewel before in the Crimson City series a few years ago. Did you read those?

Christine said...

Hi Kimberly!
I just learned of this upcoming novel recently. Actually, the author is new to me as well, even though she has a few published books already. Well, I'm glad I stumbled upon Carolyn Jewel and this upcoming novel-- I'm looking forward to reading My Wicked Enemy. I love the romances in which the hero and heroine try to resist their desire to be together.

Thanks for the review. :)

Kimberly Swan said...

Hi Christine! She has a nice easy to follow writing style. There's definitely a conflict with the attraction between them, so you should enjoy it. :)

Enchanted by Books said...

No I never read her before. Sounds interesting.

Kimberly Swan said...

You should check it out if you get a chance. :)

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for the wonderful review and all the kind comments! For those of you who do read My Wicked Enemy, I hope you enjoy it.

Carolyn Jewel

Kimberly Swan said...

Hi Carolyn - My Wicked Enemy was a pleasure to read. I'm looking forward to reading more of your work. :)