Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Promo - New House of Night Website

St. Martin’s Press is proud to unveil the new HouseofNightSeries.com, an updated, redesigned and fully interactive web site companion to the New York Times-bestselling House of Night series of novels by P.C. and Kristin Cast which have spent a combined total of twenty six weeks on the list.

HouseofNightSeries.com is where fans of the books can find out more about their favorite authors and characters, stay on top of upcoming releases and play with brand new applications. It contains character videos, a Get Marked game with virtual tattoos and exclusive information about the House of Night not found in the books.

The web site is modeled after the House of Night vampyre finishing school where the novels are set. Visitors will find themselves on the Tulsa campus, ready to participate in various activities such as:

· The Night Watch Bulletin – The school newsletter is posted here. Those who enroll (fans must be 13 years or older to enroll) will receive a quarterly e-newsletter that contains House of Night inspired activities, links to horoscopes, and news from other HON schools around the world. The Campus Buzz is where fans can eavesdrop on Zoey and her friends by reading random quotes from the books.

· House of Night Yearbook – Visitors can flip interactive pages to see photos and learn all about their favorite students as well as the authors.

· House of Night Classroom – Though there are unusual things happening at the House of Night, it is still a school. This is where readers can check out Professor Profiles, a Course Pack with textbook excerpts for Vampyre Sociology 101, a recommended reading list, and a classic scene from Othello which Zoey and Erik memorably improvise in UNTAMED. Links to other House of Night fan sites and forums can also be found here.

· The Dorm – Fans can adorn their computers with special downloads, including wallpapers, screensavers, banners and Myspace layouts. The Dorm is also the place to find Spotlight Videos of Zoey, Erik, Aphrodite, and Stevie Rae.

· The Rec Hall – Get Marked: simply upload a photo and add an amazing array of vamp tattoos, creating a one of a kind portrait to save. Find information about extracurricular activities like the Dark Daughters & Sons, Rituals & Spells and more on the Goddess Nyx right here.

· School Store – Purchase exclusive House of Night merchandise including T-shirts, class emblem pins, and jewelry.

Visitors can email a friend about the site. The site also features individual pages for each book, including an excerpt of the first chapter. The page for the upcoming UNTAMED even allows readers to listen to a clip from the audio book. For those that are new to the House of Night, one page will bring them up to speed with an overview and school rules.

ABOUT THE NOVELS
The House of Night series follows Zoey Redbird as she makes it through high school as the most powerful vampyre fledgling, ever. It sounds great to be the leader of an elite school club and have an affinity for all five elements, but at the House of Night nothing is as it seems. Zoey faces death and dark forces, all while juggling boyfriends and figuring out who her real friends are.

MARKED (May 2007), BETRAYED (October 2007), and CHOSEN (March 2008) debuted to critical acclaim and have made their mark on the New York Times, USA Today, Wall Street Journal, and Publisher’s Weekly bestseller lists. UNTAMED hits stores this month with a one-day on-sale date on Sept. 23, 2008. HUNTED, the first hardcover in the series, will be out on March 3, 2009 with a national tour to follow.

Kimberly Swan, Darque Reviews

18 comments:

jessewave said...

House of Night Vampyre Finishing School? Now I've heard everything.

I have never read any of the House of Night books and I don't need to because there is a website where we can all go and play with our favorite characters! WOW

Kimberly Swan said...

Pretty cool, eh? You still need to read the books, it's too good of a series to pass on! :)

Amie Stuart said...

I agree with Kimberly. Far and away better than the Twilight series--IMO *I should probably run away now*

Seriously, is it sad that I, an adult, am excited about this? *sigh*

Kimberly Swan said...

Hi Amie - I've never read any of the Twilight series (shocking, I know), so no need to run from here. lol

No more sad than it is for the rest of us adults who are excited for each new book in the series. It's addictive, right? *grin*

Amie Stuart said...

Good! Glad to know I'm not alone :)

Unknown said...

I love this series and just finished reading Untamed.

I managed to get a few friends addicted to this one...it is a great series.

Kimberly Swan said...

Amie - Definitely not alone! :)

Amber - Bet those friends are still thanking you too. lol

Christine said...

LOL This is so cool!! Sounds like a lot of fun.

I have the first three House of Night books and have been trying to get my teen to read them. I think I need to read them first so she catches the excitement from me. In my subconscious, I think I really bought the books for myself, anyway. ;o)

Kimberly Swan said...

Hi Christine - I've really loved every one of the House of Night books, so I would imagine she'd really catch the excitement from you! :)

Anonymous said...

This series is awesome but I love Twilight!

Ammietia (a girl you once knew) said...

I guess I am the only one who thinks this, but I really don't like the books. The plot is a great concept from what I've read, but I hate how the dialogue and the voice of it all is. It makes it seem as if the authors believe every girl talks valley girl speech. I find it degrading and idiotic.

Kimberly Swan said...

Ammietia - While this is among my personal favorites, like any other books being published it may not be for everyone. Thankfully there are so many out there to choose from if the House of Night series doesn't suit you. :)

Anonymous said...

i <3 the books when is the new one comeing out? no i dont mean untamed i've read that twice

Anonymous said...

This series is soooo addictive. i read chosen and untamed in two days. one sitting each!

Kimberly Swan said...

Hunted releases on March 10th, it's just a few short weeks away! :)

cristina:) said...

Omg! I love these books! I heard there making a show about it!I hope that's true!

Shaylee"Zoey" "Raven" said...

Im a major fan my friend says i act and look just like zoey so thats what she calls me and before she read teh book i gave her a test and she answered everyone like stevie rae!! I can't wait till tempted comes out

Shaylee"Zoey" "Raven" said...

Christina if they do ill just die! Hope they make a movie wouldnt that be awesome!