Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Promo - Flood by Stephen Baxter

Flood
Stephen Baxter
ROC
May 5, 2009
ISBN# 978-0-451-46271-8

Book Blurb:
Four hostages are rescued from a group of religious extremists in Barcelona. After five years of being held captive together, they make a vow to always watch out for one another. But they never expected this...

The world they have returned to has been transformed by water—and the water is rising. As it continues to flow from the earth's mantle, entire countries disappear. High ground becomes a precious commodity. And finally, the dreadful truth is revealed: before fifty years have passed, there will be nowhere left to run...

You can view an essay by Stephen Baxter about Flood: HERE

Kimberly Swan, DarqueReviews.com

4 comments:

ediFanoB said...

The book was that promising that I bought it for my wife. Hopefully she will let me read it too :>)

Kimberly Swan said...

It does sound like a great read, hopefully she'll be nice and share with you. :)

Mishel (P.S. I Love Books) said...

I saw this on a giveaway post from SQT and thought it sounded really good. I already added it to my TBR list =D

Kimberly Swan said...

Glad to hear that it made your TBR list! (I'll keep my fingers crossed for you in SQT's contest!)